Fitness is a journey, not a destination. And to help you stay motivated, we're sharing some of our favorite Fit3 fitness tips. Want even more fitness tips to help you stay on top of your game? Sign-up for our Fit3 emails.
We asked, she answered! We sat down with your Fit3 leader Tina Van Horn to share some of her time-tested fitness tips.
1. Never go more than two days in a row without exercise. This applies to your vacations too!
2. Circuit training helps you burn calories and increase muscle. Circuit-style workouts super charge your metabolism and help you shed pounds. By getting your heart rate up and building lean muscle at the same time, they take multi-tasking to a new level.
3. You will never find time to exercise… you have to make time! Schedule your workouts just like you would schedule an appointment. Actually write it on your calendar or put it in your reminder app.
4. Find a fitness friend that will motivate you and help hold you accountable and vice versa. Social support is a powerful motivator when it comes to establishing a regular exercise routine and achieving fitness goals. That’s why we love our Fit3 community!
5. Make fitness an even bigger part of your daily routine by adding in exercise snippets throughout your day. Park the car further away from the building in the parking lot. Use the stairs rather than an elevator or escalator. Take a short walk during your lunch break. While all of these things may seem small, they get you moving and get your heart rate up more frequently throughout the day.
6. Find a workout regime that works for you. There are lots of options when it comes to getting a workout in. It’s important to find a balanced mix that you can commit to. Skip the excuses when you mix in Fit3 online workouts…they let you work out in the comfort of your living room!
By Megan Lhamon
Life is filled with choices, some harder than others, but in every case the decision is ours. What will I eat for breakfast? What will I wear to work? What will I do when I get home from work? What do I want my life to look like in 10 years? The list goes on and on. And all these questions center around one big one: What lifestyle will I foster and live out?
Living a healthy life means eating right, exercising and taking care of ourselves. It requires being healthy in mind, body and spirit. Fit3 does this all. Fit3 is a lifestyle program that helps you achieve your health goals with Fit3 products, nutrition guidelines, and exercise.
The benefits that a healthy lifestyle brings to your life are endless. Whether you’re going to the gym or doing an online Fit3 workout in your living room, there are many great options for staying physically fit. Check out these key rewards and get to it!
Stress-less. Work out more, stress less! Simple. Working out is proven to reduce stress levels and help us get more out of our day. Many of us abuse the well-known, “But I don’t have time!” Take 30-45 minutes to enjoy a workout and reap the benefits all day!
Boost your brainpower. Would you rather spend time feeling full of ideas or lacking inspiration and focus? Exercise and nutrition are proven to increase energy levels and serotonin to the brain, which improves mental clarity. Want another energy boost? Check out Fit3 Active.
Fitness friends. Getting exercise gets you out in public with people who share similar goals or lifestyles. Not only is it fun to be around other people and make new friends, but having a workout buddy can also be an excellent motivator!
Treat yourself. Eating right goes hand in hand with exercise, but it’s okay to indulge in not-so-healthy treats every once in a while if you plan to burn off those empty calories. Reward yourself for working out with an occasional cookie after dinner or that second helping of your favorite meal! But then be sure to get back on the path of optimal nutrition. That's the beauty of Fit3 - it's flexible! Tip: Make Fit3 products a part of your daily routine so you can fuel your body and keep it in peak performance.
What choices have you made towards a healthy lifestyle? Share your successes in our Fit3 community and use the #fit3.